Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Artist Statement

I have been creating art that is very personal to me and that I can make a connection with. Whether it is created to help remind me of something personal in my life, or just something interesting that I enjoy. My work is often based from pictures that I had taken, mostly landscapes. One technique that I like is to create a painting using no black or white for the darks and lights. I like to use color in a very expressive way, always trying to gain the observers attention. Im my digital art works, I like to try and use many different layers, finding a good balance in color and textures. High contrast in the images helps to create something that is eye catching and helps to draw in the viewer to the greater detail within. Along with being interested in art, music is another huge interest of mine, which shows from time to time in my work. I am always trying to discover new ways to discover new ways to use materials in order to be more expressive.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice descriptions of your work. I like how you use your interest in music in your art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. in your artist statement you say that you are always looking for new materials to express yourself with, which is great bc it shoes that you are open-minded. you should mention the shoes and maybe any other sculptural pieces that you have done as examples of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved these shoes that you brought in at the beginning of the semester, especially because you used lyrics from one of my favorite bands. lol This is a very good statement. It is very insightful on you thought process you go through with your digital artwork.

    ReplyDelete