Friday, April 3, 2009

Joanna Spicer's Artist Statement


Photography has always been very special to me. I believe it makes you look at the world in a whole new light. It allows you to see the beauty that may normally pass you by. 

I began shooting my own photography in my early teens. I didn't have the best camera, or knowledge, but I worked with what I had at the time. I was constantly reading about photography and looking to others for inspiration. 

After many years I finally found my own personal style. I like to capture a distinct emotion in a photograph, whether it be a person, or landscape. I don't like to do much editing to my photos, because I believe they are the most beautiful in their natural state. I am constantly trying to create images that have never been seen before. I believe I bring something to the table that is unique. 

1 comment: