Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hallie Edlund



I began creating art through drawing and through the years have diversified through many fields of creativity. I work in medias such as collage, bookmaking, printmaking, charcoal, watercolor, photography, and oil paint. I have received such awards as 1st place in the State level of the Reflections Art Contest in 2000 for the theme of “Suddenly I turned around and my friend was there to comfort me.” I have also placed at several school art shows, including several 1st place awards for oils paintings at the Westminster High School Student Art Show.

Currently, I am more concentrated on printmaking and collage art. I have created several large scale collage portraits out of magazine and paper. I use small squares and patches of color to create a more painterly effect when viewed from afar. The prints I create tend to have an animal theme and a humorous overtone. I like to use bright colors in my art to bring some of myself into my work.

7 comments:

  1. Nice mattress. I like that you include a list of all of the types of art that you do, it says that you are a very diverse artist. The "suddenly I turned around.." theme from 2000 sounds really cool, you should go into detail about what kind of art that was and why that was the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you should explain more about the contest that you won to give people more of a insight into it and you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The list of art and experience you've done is good but I think it tends to sound more like a biography than an artist statement. I really was hoping you'd add in the process of creating your art, the same description you gave us in class. I think THAT would have really shown more of your personality and approach to your art, and made it more meaningful because its a description coming directly from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like that it sounds like a biography. I feel like the reader gets to know you better. But I do agree with Gabrielle, the description of you in your living room with a cigarette in your hand made your work seem eve more facinating than it already is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your art is way unique I'd like to know more about what drives you to do it though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute blog



    just kidding.

    insane. really insane. i wish I could do it. it's so intricate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got one of the most painstaking mediums of art I've ever seen, but they are absolutely beautiful. What made you focus on collages than other mediums?

    ReplyDelete