Friday, April 3, 2009

ARTIST STATEMENT


As an artist, I've done portrait, abstract and collage paintings. I enjoy doing collage paintings the most. The advantage of doing a collage painting is that the cut-outs of several images give me a wide option to create my own design. It is exciting when I can create a scene by using images that are not specifically a scene. I like to cut out random pieces of images and paste them together with other images to create a unified image. I always use oil for my medium, because i think it is easier to blend and fix than other mediums that dry fast. I normally spend about 3 to 4 weeks in a collage painting. I think it takes longer than doing an abstract painting because collage painting incorporates more images. Also because I combine my own images, I then paint them in a way that unifies them in color, value and composition.

1 comment:

  1. Thats a beautiful image. I can almost feel the softness of the color in the petals. Like I have asked everyone else, Why do you take the time to make art?

    ReplyDelete