Monday, April 6, 2009

artist statement (finally)


I have a daily urge to create something...anything. I’d almost consider it a sickness I can’t mend. I’ve dabbled in different mediums from graphite, clay, photography, jewelry making to watercolor, mask making, charcoal and paints. I can’t say I’ve narrowed that down over the years, but my current medium of choice is oil & acrylic paints, and charcoal. I love the challenge of a portrait, the freedom of abstract art, the beauty in a landscape, and imagination that gets transitioned into a work of art. I draw inspiration from music, people, books, travel, movies, and bizarre dreams that wake me up in a sweat. I’m still searching, yet always learning and challenging myself artistically and varying in style until I find exactly what it is I’m meant to do. Whatever I’m dying to get out of my system, I just take a raw canvas and go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment