Thursday, April 2, 2009

Danielle A's Artist Statement



I like to think of my work as larger than life because I try to amplify what people miss on an everyday basis.

My subjects are typically portraits. I strive to capture someone perfectly. I mostly work from old pictures of friends and family because I enjoy capturing memories. Occasionally I will do a simple posed painting of a person but I prefer having my subject in a candid moment. It’s just more interesting.

Oil paint allows me the flexibility of a lengthy drying time. I like having the option to step away from my piece when I get too frustrated to like what I produce and be able to pick up right where I left off instead of having to start over again.

My pieces tend to run rather large in size because I feel it allows me to capture my subjects in a more detailed manner. Some of the normally unnoticed details that are equally important get lost when you work small.

No comments:

Post a Comment