Thursday, October 21, 2010

Artist Statement - Regina Cuce Burkholder

I can hardly remember a time when I did not make things.

I am a designer by trade, but still have a love and appreciation for art and art history. I am always looking for an interesting way to integrate a variety of styles, colors and textures into my surface designs. I constantly keep my customer in mind to meet the end use. Most of my inspiration comes from nature, especially plants in my garden, but I also look to my favorite movies and music to get me moving. I explore different types of media including watercolor, pastel and photography and find ways to incorporate them into designs.

I combine graphic design with my love for textile design to set myself apart from the average textile or graphic designer. I strive to create functional, everyday designs; graphic designs to help small businesses stand apart from the average “word processor” and beautiful fabrics that are versatile and innovative.

No comments:

Post a Comment