Thursday, May 7, 2009

advertising agency

I really enjoyed the visit to the ad agency. It gave us all a chance to actually step place in the agency and get a closer look than to just hear someone speak about it in a different place. I found it interesting to hear about all of the steps that go into completing a certain ad, whether it was for a poster or the videos for the internet and elsewhere. One thing that was said that made me think was when it was mentioned that he sometimes wishes he was back in art school because I took it as him missing the freedom sometimes to just create art, and not to be confined to the restrictions of a client. Of course though, it is a job and while the freedom to create is much better, it also doesn't guarantee a paycheck. The whole experience gave me a lot to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment